Identify yourself as a proud member of our diverse community!
What is the Johnson County Community ID?
It is a local-government issued photo identification available to residents of Johnson County. The ID was established to ensure that all members of our diverse community are welcomed and can participate fully in the economic and social life of our county.
Where can I get my Community ID?
- You can apply for a Community ID in the Johnson County Board of Supervisors Office, second floor of the Johnson County Administration Building (913 South Dubuque Street, Iowa City, IA 52240) between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except government holidays.
How can it be used?
The Johnson County Community ID can be used in a wide variety of day-to-day interactions, such as to:
- Open a bank account at participating banks; and
- Confirm your identify when using credit cards; and
- Interact with schools, city & county agencies, and law enforcement officials; and
- Enjoy discounts offered by participating community businesses, institutions, and partners.
The Johnson County Community ID cannot be used to:
Get a driver’s license, board an airplane, purchase alcohol or tobacco, enter establishments with age restrictions, prove employment eligibility, or vote.
Community Partners Initiative
Any businesses interested in becoming Community ID partners, please email completed
Community Partners Initiative form to Board Office Secretary Angela McConville-Laffey at
Ongoing Study of Community ID
Click here to see information and results from a study about the ongoing effects of the Community ID.