here to see the Decategorization Board Minutes & Agendas
Decat In-home Family Support Services RFP - Expires: 04/03, 4:00 p.m.
Decat Family Treatment Court Services RFP - Expires: 04/03, 4:00 p.m.
Decat Mother Support Services RFP - Expires: 04/03, 4:00 p.m.
The Johnson County Decategorization Program implements Iowa’s Child Welfare Decategorization Program. Decategorization is designed to redirect child welfare and juvenile justice funding to services which are more preventive, family-centered, and community-based in order to reduce use of restrictive approaches that rely on institutional, out-of home, and out-of community care. The JC Decat Program partners with community stakeholders to develop service alternatives that provide less restrictive levels of care for children and families within Johnson County. Collaboratively, services are planned with input from citizens, consumers, education, health, human services, and local government with the goal of ensuring services that promote child health and safety, family stability, and positive youth development.
Meetings are scheduled the 3rd Monday of every month from 1:30pm to 3:00pm at 855 S. Dubuque Street. Meetings are open to the public.
Current Board Members
• Karen Evans, Department of Human Services
• Erin Altheide, Juvenile Court Services
• Coreen Frank, Iowa City Community Schools
• Quinn Tillman, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
• Janelle Rettig, Johnson County Board of Supervisors
• Lisa Green Douglass, Johnson County Board of Supervisors
• Heidi Cuda, Prelude Behavioral Services
• Patti Fields, United Way of Johnson and Washington Counties
• Nadine Fisher, Johnson County Public Health
• Lisa D’Aunno, National Resource Center for Family Centered Practice
• Kim Hanrahan, United Action for Youth
Johnson County Social Services provides staff support for the Johnson County Decategorization Program. Contact Lynette Jacoby at (319) 356-6090 or
with any questions.
Annual Progress Reports
FY 2010 End of the Year Progress Report
FY 2011 End of the Year Progress Report
FY 2013 End of the Year Progress Report
FY 2014 End of the Year Progress Report
FY 2015 End of the Year Progress Report
FY 2016 End of the Year Progress Report
Annual Service Plan
Click here for a pdf version of the FY 2017 Annual Services Plan
Johnson County Decategorization Program's Priority Service Areas:
• Address the needs of children and families currently involved in the child welfare and/or Juvenile Court System, paying particular attention to the needs of minority children and families.
• Address isolation of mental health and trauma needs of youth and families that are at risk of involvement in the child welfare and/or Juvenile Court System.
• Promote positive youth development for youth ages 6 to 16 years during out of school time, paying particular attention to youth most at risk for involvement in the juvenile justice system.