Zoning Banner

Secondary Roads Permit Application


A permit from the County Secondary Roads Department (located on Melrose Ave. West, Iowa City) is required before any work is accomplished within the County Road Right-of-Way.

The Secondary Roads Department will have the necessary information for the permit once zoning and subdivision have been approved. Link to Secondary Roads Department is below.  In addition, the parcel’s location and certificate of insurance should be provided. The Secondary Roads Department will inspect the site before final approval. Please contact the State DOT for information regarding State roads.



»» Click here to view the Secondary Roads web site ««